Recent changes to the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) will require a mandatory electrical safety check in all residential rental properties on a regular basis. This includes;
- extensive switchboard testing
- checking of appliances, fixtures and fittings
- testing of electrical circuits.
As Victoria’s only REIV preferred supplier and innovator in fast effective and high-volume electrical servicing, we can guide you through the ins and outs of the new legislation and help you and your landlords comply.
Why Smarthouse is Victoria’s #1 trusted expert
- Understanding Agent needs – With over 80 years of combined property management experience, we understand that speed of delivery, efficiency and minimal impact on your time are all key factors in delivering a good service. Easy bookings, progress reports, simple invoicing (once a service is complete) and end-to-end management.
- Large team of experts – With a growing fleet on the road and a dedicated team of experts available on the phone everyday, we have got any job covered.
- Risk Management – Our team can help you implement time saving measures and assist with risk management procedures in your office, to provide a solution to protect you.
- Unlimited call-outs $0 – We operate as an extension of your team, with unlimited call-outs at no extra cost.
- Safety Guaranteed – Our qualified Electricians are fully trained in all aspects of electrical safety checks, including relevant Standards. A Certificate of Verification is provided at the conclusion of every electrical safety check, which ensures compliance to Australian Standards.
- Flexible appointments – A commitment to minimal impact on tenants by offering flexible appointment times for their convenience. Online bookings, live chat, pre-arrival phone calls and reminder texts keep your tenants informed.
- Peace of mind – Smarthouse ensures every property you manage meets all obligations and requirements, this means your landlords will benefit from hassle free maintenance, full assessment of compliance to Australian Standards and the peace of mind that their investment and their tenant is protected.
- Leading Technology – We have the industry’s leading technology, creating seamless system integration and processes for property managers.
- Quality Control – To ensure the best service quality in the industry, all of our staff are employees and not contractors. They are provided with extensive industry leading training updated regularly and are assessed on a continual basis.
All of these features ensure that we have the right team and systems to guide you through the up-coming changes.